[CT Birds] Little Blue Heron

John Ogren northernrail at comcast.net
Sat Sep 14 20:18:34 EDT 2013

from John and Rebecca Ogren
9/14 Old Saybrook, Plum Bank Marsh- at 6;15 tonight we had 8 adult and a possible 17 im. LITTLE BLUE HERON fly out of the marsh heading towards Duck Island. about 15 minutes later another 3 adult with about 8 possible im. followed. It was hard to tell but I would estimate that at least half of the questionable birds were im. Little Blues and not Snowys.
    This group has flown into the marsh just about everyday at or shortly after daybreak and leaves as the sun is setting. It would be interesting to note when the Little Blues are being seen in Westbrook. If they are being seen during the day then it would seem to be two different groups of birds.

John Ogren

manager
Northern Rail Services, Inc
203-395-6589