[CT Birds] Boothe MP Hawks Stratford

Lynn Jones lynnjones11 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 22:58:05 EDT 2013

The Boothe Memorial Park hawk watch had decent numbers today following the
COA raptor workshop.  20 participants came to learn raptor identification
and were able to get decent looks at Broad-wings, Bald Eagles and Osprey.

The major push of hawks came later in the day, with most of Broad-wings
between 12 and 3.  We ended with a total of 1532 Broad-winged Hawks and
1633 raptors in total.  12 Bald Eagles and 32 Osprey added to the fun.
Thanks to all who helped count, I wish you all could have stuck around for
the big show!

-Lynn