[CT Birds] Audubon Greenwich: CHAT, Cape May Warbs, Philly Vireo

Ryan Maclean ryanmac335 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 09:59:29 EDT 2013

Lots of activity around A Greenwich this morning. Brenda Inskeep found a
YELLOW BREASTED CHAT in the thickets at the entrance to the Hillside Trail
on the north side of the property past the field and narrow  driveway left
of the hawkwatch. It was seen briefly by four observers afterwards. Also
present were 2 or 3 CAPE MAY WARBLERS in the large Japanese Cypress trees
next to the white intern house by the red barn. A PHILADELPHIA VIREO and a
probable LINCOLN'S SPARROW were near the center of the field next to the
hawkwatch.

Other highlights included LEAST FLYCATCHER, CANADA, BLACKBURNIAN, CHESTNUT
SIDED, NASHVILLE warblers with many BT GREENS, MAGNOLIAS and PARULAS. Some
hawks are starting to move too so we could be in for another good flight at
Quaker Ridge this afternoon. If anyone wants to come find any of the birds
we saw this morning we'll be at the hawkwatch to give more detailed
directions.

-Ryan MacLean