[CT Birds] Lake Chamberlain - GOLDEN-WINGED WARBLER

John Oshlick john.oshlic at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 15 16:03:44 EDT 2013

Lake Chamberlain - Bethany - 1 Golden-winged Warbler. This is was not the bird that I saw on the 5th. This bird was an adult male (The bird I saw on the 5th was likely a first fall female). This bird had bright yellow wing bars, a gray/white belly and throat, a yellow crown, and the full black face pattern. No signs of hybridization.

I have no idea what is going on at Lake Chamberlain!

The bird was seen mixed in with a group of warblers on the east side of the lake near the small boat ramp. It was in a foraging flock and not in classic habitat.

Remember Lake Chamberlain is Water Company Property and you need a pass to hike the trails (passes can be purchased on the internet)

John Oshlick
Bethany