[CT Birds] Yellow-bellied ID

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Sun Sep 15 19:47:30 EDT 2013

Hi All,

Though I'm sure Glenn has his ID pegged, not sure I totally agree with the statement 'no other empidonax shows yellow in the throat'. I think it's not uncommon for Acadian Flycatcher juveniles to show a yellow wash through the throat - I've seen one in person like that in my limited experience with them at banding stations. You can see that somewhat illustrated here: http://www.powdermillarc.org/highlights/2010/Early%20Fall.aspx I think Acadian vs Yellow-bellied is probably an under appreciated ID challenge.

Luke Tiller, Altadena