[CT Birds] Greenwich Tod's Point Osprey update Sept 6 & 9

shootsnaps at aol.com shootsnaps at aol.com
Mon Sep 9 20:48:30 EDT 2013

As the young mature, it's getting harder and harder to photograph them. They are either further away, sitting in bad light, higher in trees, or just not around where I can find them.
The parents also are well hidden. I have yet to see the young hover athough I have seen one dive into the water in an attempt from a tree limb. It seems the parents still bring fish to the nest, with the young taking it to another place to eat.
I observed the adult male today skimming the water as noted last month.
It also appears there is a third young from another nest that has 'invaded' the pond space. I can't tell it apart from the other two. Of the original pair, one had the 'necklace', and one was totally white breasted. The new third also has a 'necklace'.
Also, a great blue heron in the pond today.
pix at http://www.libraphotography.com/osprey-september-2013.html
AL Scuterud
Old Greenwich