[CT Birds] Greenwich Tod's Point Osprey update Thursday, 12 Sept

shootsnaps at aol.com shootsnaps at aol.com
Thu Sep 12 17:35:03 EDT 2013

Hot day early. Observed for a short period around 11:00. Mr O was perched in the shade trees looking a bit worn out, wings drooping to cool. Suddenly, I could hear another Osprey approach, as did he. He pulled himself together, and rose to take flight when a young Osprey swooped in thru the trees and chased Mr O off his perch. The Young (looks like a  male)then flew across the pond and landed on a branch, calling. I did not see where the adult went.

Pix @ http://www.libraphotography.com/osprey-september-2013.html

Visiting the pond again was a great blue heron.

AL Scuterud
Old Greenwich