[CT Birds] 9/14 - Pine Creek, Fairfield

Alex Burdo aburdo10 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 13:02:42 EDT 2013

James Purcell and I birded the Pine Creek area of Fairfield this morning
from 0600-1130, noting 63 species. The birding was terrific (especially in
the warm, sunlit areas) for the first couple of hours, before the wind
picked up. James departed at this point, while I stayed on to complete the
route, finding much of the remainder of the open space area rather quiet,
likely due to the wind.

As James posted earlier, our highlight of the morning was most certainly
the adult male BLUE GROSBEAK present in the brushy vegetation at the Veres
Street entrance. The bird was seen in the area to your right if you're
coming from Veres, a couple of steps down the short trail. Other standouts
enough of these guys!).

1 Yellow-crowned Night-Heron
1 Sharp-shinned Hawk
1 Chimney Swift