[CT Birds] Yellow-bellied Flycatchers

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 15 16:52:59 EDT 2013

Jake Musser found the Yellow-bellied Flycatcher at the hot corner at Bluff Point this morning.  We had 12 empidonax today and this one stood out with a huge, yellowish eye-ring, giving it a plain-faced and "surprised" expression.  The bird had an overall yellowish wash through the underparts including the same shade of yellow in the throat.  I wondered, at the time, if the throat was yellow enough; but no other eastern empid has yellow in the throat..  Jake saw the yellow very well and mentioned that the wing bars had a yellow wash as well.

Glenn Williams