[CT Birds] Quaker Ridge: 5,158 Broad-Winged Hawks+

Ryan Maclean ryanmac335 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 20:08:18 EDT 2013

Had another 5,158 BWs today at Audubon Greenwich's Quaker Ridge hawkwatch.
Most of the activity was after 1 PM and lasted until 4 PM with constant
streams of up to 500 birds. Other highlights included 14 Bald Eagles, a
Peregrine Falcon and a Merlin which landed infront of the hawkwatch.
Tomorrow winds will be out of the NE, which could work to our advantage as
easterly winds will push hawks away from the coast towards us. This will
probably be our last shot at a 1,000+ Broad-Wing day for the season so any
extra eyes would be much appreciated. Thanks to everyone who helped out
today.
-Ryan MacLean