[CT Birds] Broad-winged hawks, northwest CT hawk watches

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 17 19:13:35 EDT 2013

After missing out in our coverage for the "BIG" day for broad-winged hawks on Monday (16 Sept 2013) we were back to counting hawks at Chestnut Hill in Litchfield, CT today (Tuesday, 17 Sept 2017). The following is our tally for today, respectable but nothing like the numbers at other northwest hawk watch sites on Monday:

Osprey - 4
Bald eagle - 1
Sharp-shinned hawks - 2
Cooper's hawks - 1
Broad-winged hawks - 1,844
American kestrel - 2

Other northwest CT hawks watch site broad-winged hawks numbers for today (Tuesday, 17 Sept 2013):

Botsford Hull (Bridgewater) - 1,779
Middle School (Torrington) - 623

David W Babington
Washington, CT