[CT Birds] Gray Fox

Jan Hollerbach smilifase at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 08:31:12 EDT 2013

Here in suburban Fairfield, I've had 2 fox encounters. One night during a snow storm I decided to take a walk and enjoy the beauty of the snowfall. As I walked up my driveway, I looked up to the street and there appeared 2 gray foxes. They were walking side by side down the street like an old married couple.  I was entranced by the feeling of their companionship, and enjoyed watching them as they eventually disappeared down the street.

Then there was the morning I pulled out of my driveway and started off to work. I stopped as there was something in the middle of the road. When I moved slowly forward, lo and behold, it was a fox dragging a *huge* chicken across the road into the woods.  It was quite a job for this fox as he dragged, stopped, renewed his hold on the fox and dragged some more.  Wonderful way to start the day!  (For me, not the chicken.
:-D  )

Jan Hollerbach

Sent from my iPhone