[CT Birds] Gray Fox

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Fri Sep 20 08:51:55 EDT 2013

Here in Killinworth, it is a weekly occurance to see Foxes...mostly
Red. Just saw two Red "kits" last week playing in my yard in the
middle of the day. You can also hear them call often; the scream of a
Fox is very recognizable. Gray Foxes are around but more
secretive....usually only get a glimpse of them at night running
through (and often being chased by a Coyote) our yard. Years ago when
I had a Taxidermy Studio I had mounted many Red and Gray Foxes, and
some "hybrid" Foxes. Its interesting to watch a deer charge after a
Fox when it gets too close. I have even seen some Foxes take a
thrashing from a cock Pheasants spurs!