[CT Birds] Lighthouse Point Park Hawkwatch Friday

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 19:57:21 EDT 2013

9/20 - New Haven - Lighthouse Point Park Hawkwatch - 170 migrating raptors
including 11 Osprey, 6 Northern Harriers (one of which was a "Grey Ghost"),
108 Sharp-shinned Hawks, 18 Cooper's Hawks, 3 Broadwings, 1 Red-tailed
Hawk, 7 Kestrels, 5 Merlins, 5 Peregrines, and some unidentified raptors.
Other migrants incuded 1 AMERICAN PIPIT, 1 DICKCISSEL, and others.  We have
been reduced to counting the Monarch Butterflies which usually are present
in the hundreds.  Today we spotted 12.
Thanks to Lynn James, Sulmann Kahn, and Dan Barvir for their excellent eyes
in the cloudless yet hazy sky conditions.

--
Dana Campbell, Interim Rector
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, Meriden
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

“To pay attention, this is our endless and proper work.”
-- Mary Oliver