[CT Birds] Radar and Wind

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Fri Sep 20 21:32:41 EDT 2013

I was asked about how the radar looks tonight.  So far it looks very light, and I expect it to stay that way.  The problem is the wind, which is from the south.  Check out the site I linked to below and scroll through the wind forecast images.  Nothing but winds heading north for a while..  Birds
don't like to work that hard.  They can't afford to work that hard.  But remember that can work both ways; lousy migration conditions inhibit birds that are already here from leaving.

http://www.intellicast.com/national/wind/windcast.aspx?location=usct0094

Looking ahead at the wind and weather, Sunday night might hold some promise of new arrivals.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT