[CT Birds] Spectacular flight of Broadwings!

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 17 17:42:37 EDT 2013

This morn at Johnnycake Burlington for Hawk watch we had very cold wind from N. With little seen from 9 to noon, we left to do our business at home.
After a long day, I sat down in the waining sun at 5:00 with my brothers Golden Retriever and relaxed. I happen to look up and WALA! Their were BROADWINGS  a moving due West in big numbers!
 I tapped into a stream ( a String, a Ribbon) of Hawks that came through non stop for about 45 minutes! I counted over 876 (plus 1 B Eagle) till it died out at about 5:45.

This was a dream come true for me for over 40 years. That of seeing late in day BWs in big numbers, and esp in my own yard! Now if they had put down in my woods, that would have been even better!

Paul Carrier - Harwinton