[CT Birds] Grey Fox

Delia Berlin delia.berlin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 10:13:05 EDT 2013

This summer a grey fox pair had four kits under our barn. They were not very
shy and stayed around for about 6 weeks. They were fun to watch even though
we did not encourage them. Frosty, our albino red squirrel was a likely
victim of this family. I've posted three short videos in dropbox (link
below) and hope you can watch them (email me at delia.berlin at gmail.com if
you have trouble want them sent as attachments). We also read that due to
color variations the lack of a white tail tip and the ability to climb trees
are characteristic of grey fox. Apparently their habits are also different,
with grey fox being monogamous and raising their broods as a pair.

Delia Berlin

Can't access the website by clicking on the link?
Please copy and paste http://www.deliaberlin.com
in the browser address bar...

Message: 7