[CT Birds] Radar and Wind

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Fri Sep 20 21:32:41 EDT 2013

I was asked about how the radar looks tonight.  So far it looks very light, and I expect it to stay that way.  The problem is the wind, which is from the south.  Check out the site I linked to below and scroll through the wind forecast images.  Nothing but winds heading north for a while..  Birds
don't like to work that hard.  They can't afford to work that hard.  But remember that can work both ways; lousy migration conditions inhibit birds that are already here from leaving.

Looking ahead at the wind and weather, Sunday night might hold some promise of new arrivals.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT