[CT Birds] Migrants, weather for festivals.

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Sat Sep 21 10:29:57 EDT 2013

I had an amazing wave of migrants in my yard (Meriden) this morning.  There were probably 30 warblers flitting about the trees.  Nothing too unusual, but good numbers of Northern Parulas and a few Black-throated green.  Also Pine, Nashville and a few Chestnut-sideds, plus tanager and pewee.  One of the parulas and the pine were singing.    The birding could be great for Bent Fest this afternoon, even if (maybe especially if) there are a few sprinkles around.  I'll be leading a walk at 4 PM.

It is also looking like tomorrow may not be a washout at Lighthouse Point for the Migration Festival, as the front could clear reasonably early.

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road