[CT Birds] Still plenty of hummers

Gary gprestash28 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 22 11:11:06 EDT 2013

My wife and I are on our way back to CT from a week's stay on Mt Desert Island, Maine.  We had rented a house off of Hall Quarry Rd and while photographing numerous RB Nuthatches, I had a female RT hummer buzzing around me.  While having a bite to eat at the restaurant at Jordan Pond in Acadia NP, we saw three hummers on the flowers around the restaurant, one male and two female.  This AM, as we were leaving our lodging in Ogunquit, Maine, we had a female hummer in their garden too, so keep those feeders filled and up as there are still hummers in northern New England yet to pass through CT.

Gary Prestash

Sent from my iPhone