[CT Birds] Bluff Point 9/23

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Tue Sep 24 12:52:22 EDT 2013

 A few of us went to Bluff Point yesterday and had a spectacular morning. 51 species, of an estimated 7500 birds, with roughly 7200 warblers.. of 14 species: 1 ovenbird, 35 Black-and-white warblers, 3 Tennessee warblers, 5 common yellowthroats, 100+ American Redstarts, 200+ Northern Parula, 12 Magnolia, 1 Bay-breasted, 7 Blackburnian (getting late) 12 chestnut-sided, 52 Blackpoll, 3 BT Blue Warblers, and 1 Palm. We also saw a Lincoln's sparrow and a White-throated Sparrow, a yellow-bellied Sapsucker, 1200 Tree Swallows, and many Scarlet Tanagers and a few thrushes. Birds were streaming through at 6:45 a.m. at 5-10 birds a second. Our estimate is probably quite low...

Frank Gallo, Milford.

Life is short. Bird often.