[CT Birds] Birdcraft Banding Report

Kathy Van Der Aue kathyvda at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 13:02:31 EDT 2013

I've been away since Labor Day so the first part of this report will be
cumulative, listing species banded this fall until today:  AMERICAN
REDSTART, BLACK-THROATED BLUE WARBLER, COMMON YELLOWTHROAT, HOUSE WREN,
BLACK AND WHITE WARBLER, NORTHERN WATERTHRUSH, CAROLINA WREN, VEERY,
GRAY-CHEEKED THRUSH, SWAINSON'S THRUSH, WOOD THRUSH, GRAY CATBIRD, NORTHERN
CARDINAL AND AMERICAN ROBIN.

This morning we had six COMMON YELLOWTHROATS (five in juvenal plumage), two
spotty baby AMERICAN ROBINS, one CAROLINA WREN, three NORTHERN
CARDINALS, just out of the nest, one MAGNOLIA WARBLER and six
YELLOW-SHAFTED FLICKERS.  The Flickers were interesting.  All were adult
males, and were caught within a few feet of each other at the same time.
The males must migrate together, at least these did.

Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut