[CT Birds] Another Connecticut Warbler (w pics) at Audubon Greenwich

Ryan Maclean ryanmac335 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 21:21:15 EDT 2013

Al Welby found and photographed our second (!!!) CONNECTICUT WARBLER of the
season today at Audubon Greenwich. He found the bird around 5:30 PM when it
flew across the path from the Orchard towards the Intern House. He then
came up to the hawkwatch to notify me and I followed him back down to the
orchard. We refound the bird in the thickets behind the Intern House near
the beehives where it gave us killer prolonged views. I've posted some of
his great pics on Quaker Ridge Hawk Watch's facebook page. Check em out
here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.161973540673676.1073741831.154486074755756&type=3

To get to this spot, walk down the paved driveway until you reach the trail
on your left immediately after the white Intern House (the Red Barn/Old
Center is on the right). Once you've walked past the house you'll see a
bunch of porcelainberry thickets and beehives on your left. This is where
the bird was last seen. There's a good chance it'll stick around til the
morning considering how late in the day it was found. Hopefully someone
else will see it.

Thank you Al for the great find and the great photos!

-Ryan MacLean