[CT Birds] Yard CAPE MAY WARBLER

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 28 23:17:16 EDT 2013

Actually, at least 3 CAPE MAY WARBLERS fed together in our yard for 1.5 hours. In all, 9 species of warblers including 1 Nashville, 6 Northern Paula, 1 Yellow, 5 Yellow-rumped, 3 Black-throated Green, 1 Bay-breasted, 2 Blackpoll, 1 Am. Redstart. Also Eastern Phoebe, Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Scarlet Tanager, and Merlin.  It was quite an afternoon of birding in our tiny yard. Watch out, Bob Dixon!
Photos of one of the Cape Mays here:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/avocetfm/

Frank & Linda Mantlik
Stratford