[CT Birds] first good movement in yard-Harwinton

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 29 16:59:12 EDT 2013

Haven't had a good migration movement in my yard yet this year. Today was the first, but numbers were not impressive, species seen were...

Saw in an hour 4:00-5:00pm of movement through the trees in yard were:

2 CAPE-MAY WARBLER
3 BAY-BREASTED
2 BLACKPOLL
3 BLACKBURNIAN - all 4 sp above were in my 2 Fir trees-acting as a magnet!
1 NASHVILLE
3 TENNESSEE

10+ BLACK-T-GREEN
1 BLACK-T-BLUE
12+ REDSTART
2 PARULA

8 YELLOW RUMP

2 BLACK&WHITE
2 PALM - by the pond-last of movement then died = 13 warbler species

Also:
2 Empidonaxsp
PHOEBE many
2 GOLDEN-C-KINGLET
8+ RUBY-C-KINGLET
And Im sure 2 NIGHTHAWK flying away going SW far off. 90% sure.

Paul Carrier - Harwinton yard

"Holly! Holly! in the hush,
hearken to the Hermit Thrush.
All the air