[CT Birds] Easton:Black Swan Yes

Mike Warner mjwarner at optonline.net
Mon Sep 30 16:03:37 EDT 2013

9/30/13  Easton, Aspetuck Reservoir  -  Black Swan

3:24 pm  -   Just left the Aspetuck Reservoir.  Along Rt 58, at the south end, between the fountain and the dam I saw a large Black Swan.  The bird was uniformly colored, has a red eye and a red bill with a white band across the tip.  The feathers on it's back were randomly ruffled but not in a disheveled way.  It was associating with the family of Mute Swans and it appears to have a disdain for any Canada Goose which comes too close.  I suppose I should add it's origins at this time are uncertain but a very neat bird to look at!

Mike Warner
Wilton, Ct.