[CT Birds] Wind Turbines and Block Island - What about the Birds?

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Sun Oct 6 10:41:19 EDT 2013

Donna, I like many others I know are not happy about this. I met one
of the marine biologists that was on the board that studied seabirds
in the Block Island Sound/Coxes Ledge area and the possible/probable
impact the wind farms would have on them. These windfarms may also
affect the fishing industry especially the cod boats. It appears that
the area selected for the wind farms are wintering congregation areas
for alcids, but that doesn't seem to matter.

I wonder whatever happened to the proposed windfarm that was going to
be built off shore of Hyannis, Mass??

Keith Mueller