[CT Birds] Mondo Pond Walk Tomorrow at 7:45 a.m.

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Fri Oct 4 16:34:24 EDT 2013

Hi folks,

Tomorrow, I'll be leading a bird walk at Mondo Ponds, the latest in a series of bird walks around Milford and Stratford, and I hope you can join us. Mondo Ponds is a terrific spot for migrants and wintering waterfowl, and it could be interesting tomorrow. Please e-mail me at Peeplo at aol.com if you plan to attend. We'll meet at the north lot on Naugutuck Ave., just west of Audubon Close (road).

Hidden Gems Series:Bird Walks in Milford & Stratford Parks
7:45 – 8:45 a.m.*
Saturday, October 5: Mondo Pond – Warblers and othermigrants
Saturday, October 19: Silver Sands State Park – Sparrows andother migrants
Saturday, October 26: EisenhowerPark (Community Gardens)– Sparrows and other migrants
Saturday, November 23: Milford Point – Thanksgiving Duckwalk
Milford and Stratford are blessed with many wonderfulparks. Expert birder Frank Gallo, Director of Connecticut Audubon’s CoastalCenter (CAS), has handpicked the best sites to explore in autumn, from hiddengems, such as Booth Park, to more well-known sites, such as Silver Sands State Park. Frank willguide walkers to a variety of species of seasonal birds at each location. Noexperience necessary. Binoculars are available upon request. Preregistrationrecommended. Contact Louise at 203-878-7440 x 502 to register and to requestbinoculars. Meet at each park; directions will be provided.
Fee: 7 weeks $60 ($35 seniors, $45 CAS members); weekly $9per walk ($5 seniors, $7 CAS members)

Frank Gallo, Director
Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center
Milford, CT 06460
Life is short. Bird often.