[CT Birds] Am I going mad?

Angeladimmitt at aol.com Angeladimmitt at aol.com
Mon Oct 7 12:18:32 EDT 2013

10/7 from Angela Dimmitt
Once before I said I'd heard a bunch of TVs making croaking noises - they
were flying past and the noises went with them all the way from north to
south.  Scorn was heaped upon me by you guys as TVs don't make  sounds.
Lesson learned - or was it?  Well this weekend the same thing  happened twice:-
1) a kettle of 6 TVs and 3 black vultures, close  by and same soft croaks.
Maybe BVs croak??   2) yes, there was a  raven nearby, but two TVs were 180
degrees opposite, quite far away and the  noise was coming from that
direction, again as they moved sideways, no sign of a  raven over there.  Would not
dreamed of mentioning if not on 2  consecutive days - but I am curious.
And quite possibly going mad.   Scorn me if you will!!

ps small migrants scarfing down dogwood berries this morning (several WTSP,
 towhee, tanager, Swainson's thrush).  Also R-T hummer still at feeder  in
Sherman yesterday.

Angela Dimmitt