[CT Birds] Upstate New York-Niagara River BROWN BOOBY

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Tue Oct 8 12:23:41 EDT 2013

Maybe a storm related sighting? I just found this on the New York
Listserv. I am especially drawn to his second paragraph!!:

Brown Booby in the Niagara River

For those who've not seen the news already, an adult BROWN BOOBY was seen
and photographed yesterday by a number of observers in the upper reaches of
the Niagara River seen both along the Buffalo waterfront (Niagara Co.) and
Fort Erie side (Ontario, Canada). Always a very notable bird for New York
State, this is especially noteworthy away from the immediate marine
coastline. Needless to say, NYSARC welcomes descriptions and photographs
for the permanent archive.

Unfortunately this particular list no longer seems to be functioning as an
effective STATEWIDE disseminator of important birding news. Something we as
a community might want to discuss.

Cheers, Angus Wilson -