[CT Birds] OT: Leatherback Turtle on beach at Milford

charles barnard jr chbarnjr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 13:19:02 EDT 2013

I could not contact SEANET regarding the Leatherback Turtle, because their
website is shut down for maintenance until October 12. However, I did hear
on NEWS 12 that "experts' had seen the turtle and estimated it to have been
about 150 years old. No mention of who those "experts" were, but NEWS 12
reporter said that the station would follow up to see what the cause of
death was, if at all possible.