[CT Birds] Catlab Project

Minhee Jo vandyexpertise at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 16:00:56 EDT 2013

*Birders of All Skill Levels Needed*

Our laboratory at Vanderbilt University is looking for birders of all
levels of experience to participate in a project examining how perception
and memory for birds differs between beginners and experts.

We really do mean all levels of experience, from the true beginner to the
expert with decades of study, and everything in-between.

These experiments are online on the web. They measure your ability to
remember and identify birds and sometimes other animals or objects. Many
experiments are fairly short. They can be done on any computer, wherever
and whenever you decide to do them.

One of our current experiments is a bird identification test. *Go online
and test your birding skills.*

This is the web site for our experiments:
http://expertise.psy.vanderbilt.edu

Once you register your own login id and password on the site, and complete
a short survey of your birding expertise, you will be able to participate
in any experiments that are available. We expect to add new experiments
over time. Some future experiments may include modest compensation.

If you have questions, please contact Professor Thomas Palmeri (
thomas.j.palmeri at vanderbilt.edu) at Vanderbilt University.