[CT Birds] COA Sparrow Workshop

Christopher Loscalzo closcalz at optonline.net
Sun Oct 13 21:42:07 EDT 2013

A reminder:

The COA sparrow workshop will be held, rain or shine, on Sunday, October
20th, 2013, beginning at 8 am at the nature center at Sherwood Island State
Park in Westport.  All CT birders are welcome to attend.

Announcement below:

COA Sparrow Workshop

Sunday, October 20th, 2013 at 8:00 am.

Sherwood Island State Park and Audubon Christmas Tree Farm, Westport

Learn how to identify the sparrows of CT.  We will review the important
field characteristics of many of the sparrows seen during fall migration,
including American Tree, Chipping, Clay-colored, Fox, Lincoln's, Savannah,
Song, Swamp, Vesper, White-throated, and White-crowned.  We may discuss how
to differentiate between Nelson's and Saltmarsh Sparrows, also.  After a
discussion period, we'll go out onto the trails to see what we can find.
The workshop is free and open to the public. Advanced registration is not
required. Meet at the nature center parking lot at Sherwood Island State
Park.  Leaders: Chris Loscalzo, Tina Green, et al.   Contact person: Chris
Loscalzo at  <mailto:closcalz at optonline.net> closcalz at optonline.net or
203-389-6508.

Thanks and good birding!

Chris Loscalzo,