[CT Birds] Blue Grosbeak NO, Clay-colored Sparrow YES at Bauer Farm

Jacob Musser jacob.musser at yale.edu
Wed Oct 16 20:29:59 EDT 2013

Hello,

I went to Bauer Farm in Madison at around 2 pm today to look for the
previously reported Blue Grosbeak.  While there I ran into Sara Zagorski
and we proceeded to look for the bird.  Unfortunately, we missed the
BLUE GROSBEAK, but we did find a CLAY-COLORED SPARROW in the southern
part of the community garden.  In general, the community garden was
quite active with lots of sparrows, and there may be more of interest in
there.  Also, I spoke with Jerry Connolly about the location of the Blue
Grosbeak.  He described it as being in the extreme Northwest corner of
the main community garden proper, which is a small garden with short but
thick brush.

Best,
Jacob Musser
New Haven