[CT Birds] Fwd: Mallards

Barbara Garrett barbaragarrett at optonline.net
Fri Oct 18 09:09:16 EDT 2013

A "joke" carries with it the same racist innuendo.  There is ABSOLUTELY NO means by which this can be construed as acceptable or permissible in any public, and for that matter private, forum.  At 9am in the morning, I'm already disgusted, disappointed and ashamed as a citizen.

See today's Washington Post article on slavery:  The United States, per capita, has a very low rate of slavery: just 0.02 percent, or one in every 5,000 people. But that adds up to a lot: an estimated 60,000 slaves, right here in America."  http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/10/17/this-map-shows-where-the-worlds-30-million-slaves-live-there-are-60000-in-the-u-s/

Barbara
north Stamford