[CT Birds] Fwd: Mallards

annraymond2 at aol.com annraymond2 at aol.com
Fri Oct 18 11:41:54 EDT 2013

this venue is for bird reporting only

-----Original Message-----
From: Barbara Garrett <barbaragarrett at optonline.net>
To: Shaun Martin <birdj510 at gmail.com>; Michael Richardson <msr042377 at gmail.com>
Cc: ctbirds <ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org>
Sent: Fri, Oct 18, 2013 9:09 am
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Fwd: Mallards

A "joke" carries with it the same racist innuendo.  There is ABSOLUTELY NO means
by which this can be construed as acceptable or permissible in any public, and
for that matter private, forum.  At 9am in the morning, I'm already disgusted,
disappointed and ashamed as a citizen.

See today's Washington Post article on slavery:  The United States, per capita,
has a very low rate of slavery: just 0.02 percent, or one in every 5,000 people.
But that adds up to a lot: an estimated 60,000 slaves, right here in America."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/10/17/this-map-shows-where-the-worlds-30-million-slaves-live-there-are-60000-in-the-u-s/

Barbara
north Stamford