[CT Birds] LPP Friday

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 20:47:19 EDT 2013

10/18 - New Haven - Lighthouse Point Park Hawkwatch - 201 migrating raptors
were counted:  3 Black Vultures, 4 Turkey Vultures, 9 Osprey, 2 Bald Eagles
(one adult, one juvenile), 11 Norhern Harriers (incl. one "Grey Ghost"
adult male), 64 Sharp-shinned Hawks, 14 Cooper's Hawks, 2 Red-shouldered
Hawks, 46 American Kestrels, 37 Merlins, 4 PEREGRINE FALCONS, and a few
unidentified birds.
Also migrating were 400 Cowbirds, 1 Common Loon, 5 American Pipits, 360
Red-winged Blackbirds, 1 Greater Yellowlegs, my FOS Pine Siskin, and
miscellaneous others.
Winds were West (WSW to NW) and generally strong.  Clouds were hard to come
by.  Thanks to a great team of observers:  Paul Roberts, Howie Sternberg,
Sol Satin, Lynn James, Sulmaan Khan, Dori Sosensky, and various guests.

--
Dana Campbell, Interim Rector
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, Meriden
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

“I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through
which God speaks to us every hour, if we only will tune in.”
-- George Washington Carver