[CT Birds] Binoculars

Katherine Kuckens katkuckens at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 20:31:18 EDT 2013

I'm relatively new to this wonderful list.  My husband and I have been bird
watchers for over 30 years, first as surprised new homeowners (what is
THAT?), then on to binox-carrying, bird-book-owning, year-round walkers and
hikers in search of something for the life list.  But we're not any where
near as knowledgeable and experienced as the folks on this list!

Now that we're, um, older, I'm noticing that changes in my vision are
impacting my ability to find those birds. My good old Bushnells just aren't
doing it anymore.   I've been to many stores and  looked online at scopes
and spotters of all kinds, cameras, hunter scopes, you name it.  I'm
wondering if there could be a demonstration at a place like Cabelas or an
Audubon Shop where experts could explain all the different kinds of
binoculars and spotting scopes, and who they're good for.  Seems like the
sponsor could drum up a little business too.  Please forgive me if
something like this has already been done recently.  Thanks for any
suggestions.

Katherine Kuckens