[CT Birds] Sherwood late afternoon Sparrows

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 20 20:46:45 EDT 2013

I decided to go back to Sherwood Island SP about 4pm today and see what sparrows might still be around since the winds had weakened. I was not disappointed. I did not check for Nelson's or Saltmarsh Sparrows as the tide was too low and my time was limited. The majority of sparrows were directly behind the nature center area but some were in the northwest area of the park.

10/20/13-Westport-Sherwood Island SP- 4 Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers( in a tight group),35 Yellow-rumped Warbler(conservative estimate),2 EasternTowhee(m&f),surprisingly only 1 Chipping Sparrow,7 Field Sparrow,1 Vesper Sparrow,21 Savannah Sparrow(conservative count),28 Song Sparrow,1 Lincoln's Sparrow,14 Swamp Sparrow(adults & juveniles),only 4 White-throated Sparrow( Friday I had 19),2 White-crowned Sparrow(juveniles).

Tina Green
Westport
Sent from my iPhone