[CT Birds] Pileated woodpecker Talcott Ridge

Katherine katkuckens at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 09:56:42 EDT 2013

Hiked up to Heublein Tower yesterday (Sunday) and heard loud sharp call, soon followed by large distinctive silhouette in flight right in front of us. Spouse got perfect view with his binox. But I didn't!  We continued to hear him throughout the afternoon, possibly calling to another. Saw him as a distant blot only. The trails were packed with noisy hikers and dogs, so it was surprising that the PW stuck around.

Katherine Kuckens

Sent from my iPhone