[CT Birds] East Shore Park - Yellow Warbler

John Oshlick john.oshlic at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 17 17:54:48 EDT 2013

East Shore Park - I had a late Yellow Warbler this AM. I initially thought that it was an odd Common Yellowthroat or an Orange-crowned Warbler. It was very drab and greenish on the back. I eventually got a good look at its face which showed the "bland" face pattern and yellow eye-ring of a yellow warbler. This bird was likely a juvenile from of one of the more northern subspecies which I have heard can be quite drab.

John Oshlick