[CT Birds] Bay Breasted Warbler

Katherine Kuckens katkuckens at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 21:09:12 EDT 2013

After a quiet, warm afternoon in Windham Center with not a bird in sight,
suddenly at 4:30 there were many birds and lots of singing in the tall old
trees behind Windham Center School.  I think because it was about to rain.
I watched the usual downys, titmice, chickadees, and then a lot of warblers
moving so fast I couldn't identify them Except for this one! Who alighted
quite close to me and stayed still for me to get a very clear look. He
still had a bright white breast, distinctive "horseshoe" shaped rusty
colored area under the neck down to the upper chest and down the sides,
black cap.  A stunner. And a lifer for me!

Katherine Kuckens