[CT Birds] Broad Brook

Jamie Meyers ctredbird2 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 24 13:32:14 EDT 2013

>From Jamie Meyers:
10/24 -- East Windsor, Broad Brook Pond -- at least 4 PECTORAL SANDPIPERS remain, far out on the extensive mud flat.

Couldn't find the Ruddy Duck though. I was shocked at how low the water level is there. At least half the pond is exposed right now. Given that Rainbow Reservoir and the CT River nearby are not that low at all I'm guessing it's a controlled thing -- there is a dam at the south end of the pond. Late for shorebirds but could be good for some of those late passers-through.

Jamie Meyers
Canton, CT