[CT Birds] Milford Pt. Nelson's pictures

Joseph Cala Joejr14 at aol.com
Sat Oct 26 21:35:22 EDT 2013

All-

Some super quick edited pictures from the sparrows this morning at
Milford Point.  I'm pretty sure all of these are of the interior
subspecies (either nelsoni or alterus) and the only one that could be
subvirgatus would be the last link--the bird shows a messy, dusky
supercilium and a hint of yellow in the lores--was also less colorful
overall and heavier streaked, but either way doesn't look like a clear
cut ID.

Any thoughts on the ID's or feedback please let me know!!

Interior:

http://josephcala.zenfolio.com/img/s9/v89/p311820202-5.jpg
http://josephcala.zenfolio.com/img/s5/v126/p862413489-5.jpg
http://josephcala.zenfolio.com/img/s10/v114/p594463215-5.jpg
http://josephcala.zenfolio.com/img/s10/v102/p596904790-5.jpg
http://josephcala.zenfolio.com/img/s5/v122/p661620506-5.jpg

Possible subvirgatus:

http://josephcala.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v15/p923092758-6.jpg

Compared with obvious examples from years past:

http://josephcala.zenfolio.com/img/s4/v66/p1208176766-6.jpg