[CT Birds] Sherwood Red-headed Woodpecker

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 27 17:34:19 EDT 2013

Here's more info.

________________________________
 From: Frank Mantlik <mantlik at sbcglobal.net>
To: CT Birds <ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 27, 2013 11:58 AM
Subject: [CT Birds] Sherwood Red-headed Woodpecker

From Frank Mantlik, with Sunrise Birding Walk-
10/27 Westport, Sherwood Is. State Park- 50 bird species, including a RED-HEADED WOODPECKER flew over us at West Beach towards the West Woods. Not sure if it stopped in woods or continued flying west. We did search the woods for it unsuccessfully; but it may be in there somewhere. Other highlights included 10 Bufflehead, 4 Hooded Merganser, 2 Merlin, 14 Greater Yellowlegs, Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Blue-headed Vireo, 15 Tree Swallows, 2 Palm Warblers, and a pair of Great Horned Owls.
We did not bird the east side of the park at all, due to a  phenomenal turnout for a Breast Cancer walk.

The full ebird list is here:  http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S15502404

Frank Mantlik
www.sunrisebirding.com/walks.htm

Sent from my iPhone