[CT Birds] Stratford Birding

Donna Caporaso donnacap at aol.com
Sun Oct 27 17:53:25 EDT 2013

Birdseye Boat Ramp
one Coot continues (there since last Sunday but  I only seem to see him around noonish)
4 Laughing Gulls
Ring Billed, 3 Great Black Backeds (1 Juvenile), 3 juvenile Herring
A family of 12 Swans
Rail that I spotted out in the open was there again today thought not out in the open.  In the grass on the right hand side where the post/rope barriers are

2 Male Hooded Mergansers - in pond on private property on Access Road
Half dozen or so Kinglets
A few Yellow Rumped Warblers
Many White Throat and Song Sparrows
2 Eastern Phoebe
8 Juvenile Black Crowned Night Herons
3 Juvenile Yellow Crowned Night Herons
2 Great Egrets

Railroad Track Trail

At least 7 Hermit Thrush.
1 Harrier
3 Am. Crows
3 Juvenile White Crowned Sparrows
2 Nelson's Sparrows
1 Carolina Wren
5 Juncos - one very light in color - 1st summer? female? (by the rail near the trail lot)
a few Kinglets
2 Chickadees
1 Swamp Sparrow
Many White Throated and Song Sparrows
2 Juvenile Black Crowned Night Herons
3 Cormorants
1 Female Cardinal
1 Eastern Phoebe
1 Yellow Bellied Sapsucker
Yellow Rumped Warblers

Also 1 Red Admiral, 2 Orange Sulphur, 2 very white Butterflies and Green Grasshoppers.

Donna

Donna Caporaso
Stratford, CT