[CT Birds] Quaker ridge hawk watch '4 corners' migrants.

Stefan Martin nafets519 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 22:18:59 EDT 2013

After hearing about the orange crowned warbler this morning, I decided to go for a quick walk around the field at Quaker ridge today (an added excuse to stop by for some migrating raptors). I didn't relocate the OC warbler, but did see a FOY fox sparrow, swainsons thrush, and 4 warbler species including a beautiful Nashville warbler. Other noted species include numerous sapsuckers,  about 500 grackles,  15+ swamp sparrows, 1 Field sparrow, and of course hoards of yellow rumps.

Sent from my iPhone