[CT Birds] 10/25 Cackling Goose and Vesper Sparrows

Russ Smiley arsmiley at comcast.net
Fri Oct 25 22:44:34 EDT 2013

Durham, CT 8:30 AM - The cackling goose was in the Greenbacker Farm Pond
this morning with hundreds of Canada geese. Its small size, steel gray color
on wings and back, short bill, and knobby forehead were very apparent.

Madison, CT 5:30 PM - I saw two perhaps three vesper sparrows in a
pre-sunset walk around Bauer Park. Lots of savannah, song, swamp, field,
chipping sparrows and a few juncos, too, but I couldn't find the blue

Russ Smiley

Marlborough, CT