[CT Birds] Orange town ponds

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 14:42:08 EDT 2013

10/29  Orange
I just drove (12:45-2:00PM)  around the couple of small ponds in our town
between errands.  Old Tavern Rd Pond was quiet with only 12 Canada Geese.
Racebrook Rd Pond had yellow rumped warblers , 1 Eastern Phoebe, mallards.
Indian Lake had many Canadas and Ring billed gulls. But it was so funny-I
have never seen a Canada Goose do a somersault in the water-instead of just
dipping or bathing, this one did a complete underwater somersault.
At the pond at the end of Margaret Lane were 37 Wood Ducks-beautiful
display as they swam around, with the mallards, Canada Geese.  Many robins
eating berries .
Juncos have returned to my yard now.  The Eastern Towhees are still here
for the second day.
Bev Propen, Orange