[CT Birds] CACC

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 14:24:53 EDT 2013

10/30, Milford, Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center, 10am-1PM, high tide
receding, overcast, 50F.
On drive in, on Orange Center Rd a flock of 500+ grackles on a lawn.
On grounds, blue jays, 2 Mockingbirds, Song sparrows,  House sparrows, 2
Cardinals, Carolina wren, 9 Mourning doves, House finches, Yellow rumped
warblers.
On marsh, our FOS pair of Buffleheads swimming & diving together all
morning, Mute swans,  3 Black ducks, 4 Mallards, Ring billed gulls, a flock
of 30 "peeps" flying through.  On road leaving, a mixed flock of about 200+
Cowbirds & starlings on a lawn.
We have a new osprey platform and camera being set up for when our ospreys
return in March.
Bev Propen, Orange